Tuesday, November 5, 2013

5am Wake Up

I used to be a fan of waking up in the 5am hour. I would get up before everyone else and go hiking. Spend time outdoors and exercising. Amazing. 
However, with being on call and a baby still getting up 3 times a night I am not a fan of the 5am hour.
At 5am if Cara wakes up we have to put her in our bed or else she will go wake up Ryann for the day.
Here is proof:
Cara woke up because she heard me feeding Mac. So then she tried to come into bed with me, but I knew that she wiggles and squirms so much in bed that if I let her come in bed Rich would be awake and angry... plus I wouldn't get anymore sleep for the night. 

So this day I decided to make Cara go back to her own bed, and an hour later when I woke up at 6, this is what I found. A nice little fort, curtains being pulled down, and by 6pm both these girls were cranky. 

Was it worth it? The jury is still out. I thought it was worth it at the time to let me sleep, but their grumpy attitudes make life tough.

1 comment: