Tuesday, June 10, 2014

11 Months

I can't believe this boy is almost a year old!
My goal, as always is to breastfeed until my babies are a year old. 9 months was hard, but now that he has had a couple sick days he is back in full force nursing like crazy. 
In fact, at 11 months he HATES the bottle. Even daycare is having a hard time feeding him a bottle. 
He loves a sippy cup with a straw though. 
At 11 months he likes to jabber. He says mama, dada, something that sounds like "three" when we play games with him (saying one, two, three), and basically the rest is babbles. 

Mac likes to SCREAM as well. He usually does this when he is thirsty, hungry, wants your attention, it gets too loud, his sisters are around, we are in church, he wants to stand, he wants to be held, he wants to get down, or basically anytime he thinks it would be fun.
 Because of the screaming we are trying baby sign language. Really I have only seen him do the sign for drink a couple times, I think he thinks that screaming is more effective.

Even with his screams he is happy. He is so much fun to be around and when we are in public he is one of the most well behaved babies I have had. He likes people watching, swimming, playing peek a boo, walking everywhere, and playing with balls. 
 Today was a little bit of a sad day because it was his first time going to urgent care. He had a fever of 104.6. I quickly got him ibuprofen, cold wash cloths, an ice pack and took him and the girls in the car to urgent care. By the time we got there his temp was down to 101... which ice on your head could cause that. And I have a feeling the nurse at urgent care didn't really believe me, but whatever. He ended up with a virus that we just need to watch and keep his temp down with ibuprofen and tylenol. Poor baby. 
 He also loves the dog at daycare. The dog is getting ready to die and hardly moves anymore, but Mac still crawls up to her every day and pets her. Cheyenne is her name. 
At 11 months I also trim his hair every couple weeks. I don't really know what to do with it yet, but I trim around his ears and the back of his neck with Rich's beard trimmer... I haven't had to cut the length yet on top, but I am sure that will happen soon. Still not a lot of hair, but it is coming in all over now. 

He still has 6 teeth, wears size 4 shoes, 20 lbs 9 oz, and in 12-18 month clothes. 95% for height, but I forget the exact number. 

We love you baby boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment