Friday, September 19, 2014

Backpacking trip

5 kids, 5 adults, no one under 4. While it was crazy, it was also a lot of fun. We drove up to north lake Tahoe, but then had to drive around about another 2+ hours to find somewhere to backpack where it wasn't affected by the fire. We finally ended up near silver lake.

We hiked in about an hour to an awesome creek. Set up the tents, started fishing, caught our dinner, Then made dinner and ate it. Ryann ate the entire fish that she caught, like the entire thing except the bones. She ate the skin, eyes, and tail. Ugh.

That night Cara and I slept in the same sleeping bag and Ryann was in another one. Cara kept telling me all night that I needed to move over because, "my breath smelled, my bum was stinky, my arm was on her arm, or she was too hot." She is awesome. We slept fairly well, Cara had to pee twice in the middle of the night, and in the middle of the night the wind started moving fast!

The wind woke everyone up, but our tent quickly fell back asleep. My parents, Ashley, and Ethan, and addie didn't really ever get sleep. The kids were scared the tent would blow over so they were freaking out.

When we got up in the morning we ate oatmeal and hot chocolate. The kids tried to fish some more, but the wind made it hard. My dad and Cory set up some rock climbing ropes and the kids had fun with that.

Finally it was warm enough to play in the water! Waterfall climbing, jumping, and splashing wore us out. We decided instead of staying another night we would come home early. We packed up and hiked out.

Hopefully I will have more pictures later, once we find my dad's camera (hopefully we didn't lose it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment