Sunday, March 15, 2015

Sleeping baby

Mac was really fussy today at church. Like I had to take him out during sacrament meeting. Which I have done maybe once or twice in his whole life! (Other than to breastfeed) he was beyond tired. I knew it and he knew it. 

I thought about taking him home to nap. He would get a great 3 hour nap if I did that. But I decided to stay at church where we had amazing lessons on repentance and forgiveness. Something I totally needed to hear. 

So then his nursery leader comes in and brings this cute sleeping boy to me. At first I was upset because now he wouldn't nap at home. I was betting that since his nursery leader let him fall asleep he wouldn't nap at home and now he would nap for the max of 45 minutes. I was totally right. 

However, this sweet 20 month old boy snuggled into me and slept with sweet baby snores. I was reminded of this sweet blessing that the lord entrusted to me during his short time on earth. 

I am so lucky. 

I also tried really hard to remember those feelings later on when he threw tantrum after tantrum when we got home. I didn't do a very good job of keeping a peaceful spirit, but as I was reminded in church today, the lord will forgive me and I can do better tomorrow when my baby is well rested. 

No comments:

Post a Comment