Friday, July 13, 2012

Fishing

One thing I remember about Aspen Grove as a child is catching a fish. The fish pond is for kids under 12. You check out a fishing pole at the camp store and they hand you a piece of cheese to try and fish with.  When I caught a fish with my dad I am sure we used worms or something better than cheese.
Anyway, the girls didn't seem to care. They wanted to fish and they wanted to reel it in. They didn't think any of this sitting and waiting stuff was very fun. 
Cara wanted help, so I basically sat there and would cast the line and she would reel it back in. 
Over and over and over and over and over again. 
Fortunately we only fished for like 20 minutes and then packed up and headed back up to camp for lunch. 
I don't know if the girls would have known what to do if we had even caught a fish.  I do know they would have made their grandpa proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment