Saturday, August 3, 2013

Harry Potter and Cakes

This blog has sort of been dedicated to Baby Mac lately, but I want to touch on what the girls and I have been doing lately. Every night at bedtime I have started to tell them the summary of each Harry Potter book. I try to break it up into 3 days or so to tell the story.

On Thursday we watched the first Harry Potter and it was fun, but Ryann thought that Voldemort was scary, so I don't know if we will watch any of the other movies. But they sure like listening to me tell the stories.



Then on Friday the girls said they wanted to make a cake. So we baked a cake then ran some errands and when we got back I made some frosting. Somehow the girls convinced me that they should be able to frost their own cakes. We were going to bring them to a friend's house to share, but after they finished frosting that wasn't going to happen.











 We had lots of fun, and I ate some of the cakes too. We did end up throwing a lot of cake away, it was pretty soggy.

1 comment:

  1. How fun!!! I forget to respond to your comment about butter beer... but when I saw you post a Harry Potter story, I remembered! The 'butter beer' is actually IBC cream soda in a bottle. I love seeing your posts- thanks for being a regular blogger! It's nice to see what everyone's up to, but people don't really blog anymore. I am so happy to know things are going well with you and I just LOVED your birth story posts!

    ReplyDelete