Friday, February 6, 2015

16 weeks

Can I tell you how spoiled rotten you get after having a homebirth? I haven't chosen a homebirth midwife yet so I have been seeing a cnm based out of a community clinic in Napa. This is my 3rd visit and I am so over it. Waiting in the office, waiting in the room, a medical assistant asking me dumb yet important questions, a quick heartbeat (which is great), a little small talk, then come back in 4 weeks.

Nothing like a homebirth appointment where the midwife comes to my home, asks about my thoughts on pregnancy, how I am feeling about the baby, my home life, my marriage, we talk about sleep, diet, water intake, and everything else under the sun. An hour later we end with a hug, positive talk, and promises to text, do lunch, and meet again as soon as I need to see her.

I guess what I am trying to say is that I better pick my midwife and soon!

1 comment: