Sunday, February 22, 2015

Baptism Day

My sweet Ryann Paige Hamilton was baptized a member of the church of Jesus Christ of later day saints on February 21st, 2015. 

I am so proud of my sweet girl. She didn't take this decision lightly and she thought a lot about it.  We had weekly lessons on baptism in our family home evening. She spent time learning in church and she has memorized 10 of the 13 articles of faith. 

Ryann was baptized in the same dress that my sisters and I were baptized in. Then after her baptism she got to wear her own special white dress. (Which she went home and jumped on the trampoline and played for hours in...oops)

The water was cold for her because the baptismal font was leaking and they had to keep refilling it which made them run out of water. But she was a trooper and was happy. 

During the baptism program both grandma's spoke, grandpa great and I said prayers, rich baptized her, the primary kids sang "I am a child of God", and there was a lot of friends and family there to support her. It was very sweet and special. 

No comments:

Post a Comment