Sunday, June 14, 2015

Mignon Kay

Isn't she beautiful?
This last week has been quite the emotional one. My grandma was placed on hospice. I grew up living next door to my grandma. I loved going in her house and getting cookies from her freezer. I loved swimming in her pool, playing dress up, hearing stories of my dad about when he was growing up, watching old home videos, and looking through photo albums. 

As I have gotten older and moved back home I have been able to spend a lot more quality time with my grandma. However, with her failing health it is a lot more of me talking to her than her talking to me. How I would love to go back and hear more of her nursing days and about nursing school. I would love to hear about the births of her 5 children and her pregnancies... Unfortunately those memories have faded. 

I love my grandma with her hard work ethic, her love of my grandpa and her posterity. I remember 10 years ago listening to her say a prayer and she prayed for every single grandchild by name. Amazing. Since then we have added quite a few great grandchildren and they make her so happy. 

Thank you to everyone who has been supportive of me and my family during this time. I am happy to have her on hospice because it is an amazing program that helps the entire family with spiritual, emotional, and physical needs. 

2 comments:

  1. What an emotional week is right. She is an amazing woman with such a sweet spirit and has changed so many lives. Thank you for such a sweet post; thank you for taking such good care of grandma and grandpa this past year. Having you there has been such a wonderful relief; you have done so much for them. I know your job craziness had a purpose, as awful as it has been.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this! Grandma had such a way of making each grandchild feel loved and special. I can remember fondly greeting her on her porch after long car rides to Napa from Modesto. My siblings and I would literally be bouncing around the porch (Fred would be running around crazily in the bushes looking for Bandit). She never disappointed when she opened the door. Her enthusiasm to see us would match, or even exceed, ours. She is an amazing woman!

    ReplyDelete