Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Horseback Riding

When we planned this camping trip we had no idea that there would be horseback riding so close to camp. When Ryann found out about this I called to ask for rates and when the next ride would be. 
Then I convinced Rich to make his oldest daughter the happiest girl in the world.
 Ryann eagerly looked at the horses trying to decide which one she wanted. She picked one out and I tried to remind her that she might not get that horse. Well, she did and she was thrilled!

 She put on her helmet, her sunglasses, and some boots. She had her water bottle and she was ready. 

 "Trigger" was the name of her horse. Daddy rode on "Boss"
  
 Ryann was so focused and concentrating that she wouldn't even move the hair out of her eyes for fear of letting go. They did catch her petting the horse often though. I don't think there has ever been a horse so loved in the hour and a half ride that they went on.
  
The first thing she told me when she got off, besides that she had so much fun, was that her horse peed and pooped on the trail.  Yup, gotta love 6 year olds!

And, for the nervous mom in me, I was thrilled to see that the guide had her horse on an extra rope connected to him during the whole ride. She was safe and sound the entire time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment