Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Blessing Way

This past weekend my midwife and doula threw me a "blessing way."
It isn't a typical baby shower. It was a celebration of me and my pregnancy and this journey to becoming a mother of 3. I had some sweet friends come and share this with me. The majority of us (myself included) had never been to a blessing way. 
Really I had no idea what to expect except they were going to pain my belly with a henna tattoo. 
 It turned out to be a lot of fun. We all got to feel my belly and listen to his heart beat. Then we all made collages of pictures from magazines that I am going to put in my "birth space" at home. They are gorgeous and each one has quotes about pregnancy, motherhood, childbirth, and things to help motivate and encourage me during my labor and birth. 

After that I got pampered. Henna on my belly, a foot massage, braids and flowers in my hair, strawberries, and much more. 
 We also had beads that will be turned into a necklace for me. These beads all represent one word that my sweet friends wished to bless me with for the birth... words like, "love, peace, flow, energy, happiness, etc." it was really fun to see what my friends were hoping for me and my birth experience. 

It was a lot of fun and I am having a blast with my giant belly being all henna tattooed!

No comments:

Post a Comment