Friday, October 19, 2012

Fall Break Book

Ryann spent some time this week in school writing her first book. It was her fall break book. 
One page said, "I sf u bfflu" which translates to "I saved a butterfly" (remember the ants really saved it, but Ryann was the one who told them to save it?)
 Another page said, "I go to the mofi" which translates to "I go to the movies" and it is a picture of Ryann and her dad (with facial hair) sitting on the chairs with their popcorn and drinks watching a movie. 
 The next one I am sure says I went on a walk. 
 "I go to swmn", which is a picture of us swimming at the Baker's house. I think the person on the side of the pool must be Lisa Baker. :)
 "I go to the prk" or I go to the park.
Basically Ryann needs to work on her vowels, she is getting good at her sight words, but the whole sounding out words thing is pretty tough still. We are getting there and we are spending a lot more time reading with her, so hopefully she gets it all soon.

She is also working on punctuation... so I am not sure if those are all commas or question marks?

It is really amazing to me how this mind works. I sure love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment