Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Thankful, sort of.

There are a lot of things I am thankful for this week. 
Like for scissors. Which means Cara is learning how to use her fine motor skills, and also means she is learning how to cut open packages of fruit snacks, like LOTS of fruit snacks. 

I am thankful for my acupuncture session I went to today. Which means I am learning cool things about Eastern Medicine, balance, energy, and how the things we eat really effect our body, and it also means I have really bad acne that acupuncture is hopefully going to help because everything else I have tried in 5 months hasn't helped. 

I am thankful for layovers in the Phoenix airport. Seriously, if you are coming through Phoenix, for 1 hour or for 10... please call me!  Devyn and baby Hazel came today and we ate dinner with them and I got to snuggle Hazel, which also means that we paid ridiculous amounts of money for french fries that Cara wouldn't eat. What kind of kid won't eat french fries?

I am thankful for these silly faces. They light up my world. Especially when I come home from a birth at 2 in the morning and I see one of them snuggled up to their daddy in my spot in the bed, which also means I am going to get poked in the eye once or twice before I have to wake up in a couple hours.

I am thankful for my girls saying their prayers every day. I love that they pray for mommy to have a baby and for mommy's pimples to go away so she isn't ugly and she can be beautiful again. But seriously, the first time they said this I cried, now I try to not laugh out loud. These prayers are sweet, but I really need to teach them some social skills so that they don't go around to other people who have pimples and tell them they are ugly.

(i swear we don't just talk about my acne every day... we talk a lot about unicorns and horses and Cara's imaginary friends that she promises are real and not pretend.)

I am thankful when I was telling Cara all about the day she was born she got angry at me because Ryann wasn't there when she was born. I also am thankful that she chastised me for not letting anyone else hold her for the first hour that she was born. She said, "MOM! We need to take turns. You have to take turns. Why didn't you take turns??"

I am thankful for the amazing family pictures we had taken, but now I have the daunting task of picking which ones will go up in our house and which ones to order for Grandma and Christmas presents and all of that. 

I am thankful that my holiday plans are focused around my little brother and his plans for Christmas. REALLY? When did he get so important?  Oh wait, because he is Zach and everyone loves him and he is the shining star and I have missed him so much for the past 2 Christmases that if he told me he was going to Iceland for Christmas this year then I would be there...

I am thankful for all the babies being born, which helps with job security and to support my family, but also leads to lack of sleep which leads to emotional Brittani which leads to these blog posts where I jokingly complain the entire time I write, when in all reality I am sitting here crying because all I can think about is how much I miss my family but am so in love with my family here at home in Arizona. 

But really. I am blessed beyond belief at this time in my life. I wish I could be there and be more of a support to my family who needs me, but I know that they know I love them. And now I am off. to. bed. goodnight.

2 comments:

  1. You're a busy mama with lots to be thankful for! I'm thankful for the laughs this provided me when it came to the "make mommy beautiful again" in the prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my sweet Brittani-- I love yous so much!! What a wonderful world we live in!! You are awesome and I love your post- yes!! But get some sleep!!

    ReplyDelete