Saturday, August 8, 2015

2 weeks

Shelby had her 2 week weight check yesterday. She is my first baby to not make it back to birth weight by 2 weeks. So sad. 
I got a good lecture from the pediatrician about what I "need" to do. She doesn't know I am a CNM so it was full of formula feeding talks. Instead I am drinking more mothers milk tea, more water, oatmeal, placenta pills, skin to skin, nursing around the clock, fennel essential oil, and parking myself on the couch and not doing so many things. 
Yesterday I supplemented with some pumped milk I had and after she slept for almost 3 1/2 hours. I also ordered some milk makers cookies to help with supply, so we will see how those help too. 

I would love prayers for us while we work hard to gain some weight by our weight check on Wednesday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment