Monday, February 11, 2013

Austin Trip

Rich and I took a quick trip to Austin, Texas this weekend. It was a fun getaway without the girls (thanks for all who helped us out!!) and we had fun visiting some friends who moved their last year. 

I had no preconceived notions about Austin, but Rich imagined tumble weeds, desert, hot, and a lot of Texas accents. He was very mistaken and happily surprised when we got there. There were hills and rivers and lakes and trees. LOTS of GREEN! We drove around a lot to look at things, but basically our trip consisted of food, more food, and even more food. I do believe I ate my weight in food and boy it was delicious!


We ate at a restaurant called Uchiko, a Japanese restaurant. My very favorite part was the "hot rock", the raw beef was put in front of us, then we set it on a hot rock and it cooked it!  You could cook it rare or even well done, whatever your preference. So tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment