Friday, July 19, 2013

He is GINORMOUS

Here is a cute picture I had to include of my Dad and Midwife, the ones who helped deliver Mac. 
 Here is the obligatory homebirth photo with the dad weighing the baby with the fish scale. 
 Seriously, when Jen told me that he was 9lbs 6oz I laughed because I knew she was wrong. I said, don't you mean 8lbs 6oz? She laughed right back at me and even took a picture to prove it. 
Like I said before, I had NO IDEA that he was so much bigger than the girls. I always asks my patients if the baby is bigger or smaller than their previous ones. Most of them can tell if they are bigger or smaller. I knew he was bigger, but I didn't think he was that bigger.  Can you tell I am still in shock?
He dropped down to 8lbs 13oz at 2 days old, but then by 6 days he was back to 9lbs 2oz, and today we are going in to get his weight checked again to see how he is doing. 

3 comments:

  1. I TOTALLY know what you're talking about. Jenna was 8.9, way bigger than James (7.8) and I knew she would be. But Thomas was 9.15!! Almost 10 lbs!!! He didn't feel NEARLY as big as jenna so I was actually shocked. The dr was too. She didn't expect an almost 10 lbs baby at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes-- we were a bit surprised!!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete