Monday, July 1, 2013

Stitches... NAH!

Cara had her first swimming injury. She loves swimming now that she has goggles. She is a little fish, but not super safe because she doesn't ever really come up for air. 
She swims with all her might to the edge of the pool and when she gets there is when she takes a breath.
We are working on that little safety issue.
There is another one though we didn't think about. When she jumps into the pool she jumps close to the side. Usually we watch her really closely, but this time she jumped and hit her chin on the side of the pool. 
 I brought her home to give her some stiches but I realized I was out of lidocaine. I looked at it a little closer and decided it would be just fine with steri strips and a Cinderella band-aid. 
 It isn't bleeding anymore, and it closed up nicely, but I guess we will see how it heals when I check on it in the morning. 
A trip to urgent care just didn't sound fun.
I hope it doesn't scar you for life Cara. 

1 comment: