Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Road Trip

I am not sure who takes their 2 week old on a 12+ hour road trip?
I guess we do. In my defense it is stinking hot in Arizona and I am not going to be able to take any time off for probably the rest of the year! We also split the trip into 2 days to make it tolerable. 

We talked about going to California on Saturday. I didn't feel good about leaving on Sunday for some reason, but then on Monday I felt like it was a great idea. We packed Monday morning and headed out Monday afternoon. 
 We told Cara to bring a box of toys and she seriously brought like 3 stuffed animals is all. Nothing to color, or anything else to play with. Thankfully we had the DVD player.  Ryann on the otherhand is a little better at packing for herself and she brought a lot of things to entertain her. Especially since she was in the way back seat and we couldn't interact much with her. 
 Baby Mac did pretty well. I sat between him and Cara for part of the trip. I would pump and feed him a bottle (which he did excellent with) or I would nurse him when we made a stop for food or gas. 
 This stellar man drove the whole way and I even got a couple naps because of his quick thinking to bring a pillow for me!
 Cara obviously didn't need a pillow. Wow. Not sure how that is comfortable, but whatever. I think we need to invest in some neck pillows for these kiddos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment