Friday, August 10, 2012

What We Learned

What we learned from Ryann's first week of Kindergarten: (most of these are straight from her mouth)
-Ryann heads straight for the playground when she gets off the bus.
-Her class doesn't line up by their number because it is too hot. They line up in the shade.
-When you get to class you put your backpack in your cubby.
-Don't forget an ice pack in your lunch box.
-Ryann doesn't like it when boys bite her hair (she doesn't know the name of the boy who did it, but she knows he is "crazy" and doesn't listen to the teacher).
-Ryann isn't a tattle tale (yet), she didn't tell the teacher when the boy bit her hair.
-There is a red wall in her classroom.
-Each morning you sit on your square with your legs "criss cross apple sauce" and your hands in your lap and don't touch the lines.
-Lunch for kindergarten is at like 10:20, so if we forget to feed her a snack after school then she eats 3 pieces of pizza and 2 breadsticks for dinner.
-She loves to play with Kennedy at recess.
-She learned a song about a frog, but sometimes she doesn't remember it so she will practice quietly for a minute or two before she will sing it out loud.
-This week they read a book called "It is hard to be 5" and that is a really funny book.
-Ryann has only tooted 1 time at school because she doesn't want kids to think she is stinky... she said when she tooted it wasn't stinky and the kids didn't know she did it.
-The bathrooms at the school are cool like at Aspen Grove.
-Ryann believes I haven't met her teacher yet, and she can't wait for me to meet her.
-The after school program finishes 15 minutes earlier than we thought, and apparently they charge $5 a minute that you are late.... except during the first week of school.... whew.
-Cheetos are the best item you can have in your lunch box.
-There is a boy named Eric in her class who colored on his eraser, he didn't listen to the teacher that time,  but most of the time he does.
-It is not a good idea to save a gogurt for later.
-Annie from her church class is in her class at school.
-Ryann is teaching herself how to do a cartwheel and I am not sure where she saw someone do it. I think we may need to get her into a tumbling class.
-Ryann is loving and kisses us all before getting onto the bus.
-Her favorite color is "rainbow".
-Every paper says RyannMomDadCara on it. It melts my heart every time I see it, we are her world and I love it... unless she just doesn't know how to write anything else... hmmmm... I will go with the first thought.
-She is happy


4 comments:

  1. seriously the cutest post ever! Melts my heart! She is so grown up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for posting about her first week. Grandma has been a mess thinkin about it. Now I am really concerned about the little (I hope that he's little) boy that has been biting her hair. Dont let Erin in on this or there might be a small migration over to the kindergarten in Awahtukee by a few Wagner Aunties and one hopping concerned Grandma!! I love her little t-shirt and I really love our little kindergartener!!! And the rest of you too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too late grandma! I saw the post. You should teach her to tell him: "my auntie is a lawyer and she will sue you if you don't stop being a weirdo hair biter."
    She is so sweet and I'm so excited for her to be in school. Still can't believe it but I'm proud of her. Love you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha I love this post. She is so grown up!

    ReplyDelete